Fox mkII Captive Backlead
- Normal back leads are ok in the right situation but sometimes you do not want one left on the line while you play a fish, and what if the margins are thick weed?
- The Fox captive back leads can even be fished off the bottom to avoid weed and detach instantly when you receive a bite.
- The unique gate system used in the clip ensures that any forward movement will trigger the gate and release the line but there is enough resistance when sliding them on to keep the gate firmly closed.
- Normally fished directly under the rod tip to keep the line clear from marauding swans and geese.
- You can fish a standard back lead further down the line if needed and still use the captive near the tip, getting the best of both worlds. Unlike standard back leads the captives are attached to a length of cord so once you have bought a set they should last you indefinitely. By fishing them on a tight cord from the bank stick you can keep them clear of the bottom, if need be, to avoid bottom debris, weed and snags etc, or slide them out on a long cord and fish them as a normal back lead.
Starting at: Â£4.60The super-slick plastic attachment ensures that the backlead will glide easily down the line, dramatically decreasing the chance of movement at the rig end. Backleads are most effective over even, flat bottoms and are an excellent way of preventing a hooked fish from picking up your other lines. The range now boasts a 0.25oz, 0.5oz, 1oz and 1.5oz backlead so between them youâ€™ll have all situations covered. Learn More
Starting at: Â£5.99Qty 6 Korda Safe Zone Flying Backleads have been specially designed to help create a â€˜Safe Zoneâ€™ around the baited area. The unique design enables the weight and insert to be removed quickly and easily making it the most effective system on the market. Available in three sizes, so you can adjust the distance that the weight flies back from your rig. These back leads will lower your line in the water, keeping it closer to the lake bed and away from shy feeding carp. Please note that this product is not suitable for braided mainlines. Learn More